What Castle can this be?
It’s from wales but not a Valley
It’s on an island whose population
Is 2.2% of the home nation
The work began in 1295
Can you believe it still survives!
In fact, the castle was never completed.
And only once was it defeated.
How does this image give you a tip?
The Castle had 164 arrowslits.
To get to it now, we’d cross the Menai Strait
Good luck with the guesses, I’m sure you’ll do great!
Apologies all, I hadn’t realised I’d done two Castle-related prompts in a row…
but thank you to everyone who gave them a go!
The marvellous entries can be found below…
- writephoto-rebirth/ – tubasarwat
- Escape – Gypsie’s Wonderful World of Words
- A Boat in the Moat – A Unique Title For Me
- #Writephoto: Arrowslit – Therapy Bits
- Waking Up – Writer Ravenclaw
- #WRITEPHOTO – Arrowslit – Ladyleemanila
- #writephoto for #JusJoJan – Let’s Write……
- K.L.Caley’s#WRITEPHOTO – Arrowslit | willowdot21
- Cookies & Moo
- Arrow slip, Time slip- Flash Fiction – Sweeterthannothing
- A Wee Problem #writephoto | TanGental
- Vineyard | not #writephoto Flash Fiction – Jemima Pett
- The trip to the castle – Keep it alive
- Rats (#Writephoto) – Jezzie G
- Infinity – Kitty’s Verses
Thank you all again for taking part in #writephoto – Arrowslit
I hope you’ll join me for another #writephoto challenge. This week it is Battlestations at the ready with this beautiful battleship:
Join in here: https://new2writing.wordpress.com/2023/01/26/writephoto-battleship/
2 thoughts on “#Writephoto Round-Up – Arrowslit”
A great bunch of responses this week, if I do say so myself 😉
It took me to the end of the week, but I did eventually get a story done, continuing on from the first prompt to the second. I posted it here: https://www.rebecca-douglass.com/2023/01/friday-flash-defense-of-castle.html