Trolley’s dash left and right
It’s the last Christmas shopping night
Prices have gone bargain low
At least that’s what the shopper’s told
Can you get that last-minute gift?
Before there is a family rift!
Have you remembered the brussels sprouts?
Oh no! They have all sold out.
Extra blankets for the chair
Auntie will fall asleep in there
And hot chocolate for the kids
What a magic time of year it is!
As a few of you have probably guessed this photo was taken during lockdown, this was a photo taken on an afternoon in a supermarket when the shop was scarily empty for the daytime with only the odd worker and customer to be seen.
In James Herbert’s book Dark Places (highly recommended), he discusses how something more ordinary can often be far creepier than going for the obvious cemetery at night scenario’s. Somehow, this makes me feel like this. A bright supermarket during the day being so oddly quiet with the odd trolley here and there. You know it should be bustling with people but it isn’t. Why? Well in this scenario we know why but I wanted to capture this moment as I think it could prove useful for revoking that feeling for some future writing.
What a bumper crop this week! It always amazes me how one little photo can bring so much creativity in so many different ways.
Here is the list below (if I have missed anyone, please let me know).
- #Writephoto – It Starts Boxing Day – About the Jez of It
- Do I love shopping? Are you serious! – Keep it alive
- Attack in the Aisle’s – Masons Mind Menagerie
- Shopping Day through the eyes of “Our Family!” – I Believe, BECAUSE –
- writephoto-shopping/ – pensitivity101.
- A Red Metal Dinosaur – A Unique Title For Me
- writephoto-shopping/ – indishe.
- #Writephoto – Shopping –
- Off His Trolley #writephoto | TanGental
- K.L Caley’s #writephoto: Shopping. | willowdot21
- Overload – Mister Bump
- shopping – The Inkwell
- #WRITEPHOTO – SHOPPING – Ladyleemanila
- The Shopping Spree | #writephoto Flash Fiction – Jemima Pett
- #Writephoto – Shopping – nope, not pam
- Shopping – I’ve got a list – Writer Ravenclaw
I hope you’ll join me for another #writephoto challenge published today at 12 o’clock GMT.
Thank you all again for taking part in #writephoto – Shopping
With special thanks to Sue who originally made the #writephoto challenge so meaningful for all of us and gave me her blessing to continue it.