Welcome to the weekly #writephoto prompt!
Looking from the darkened room
Someone’s job is to defend
Protecting these ancient walls
On them, we do depend.
For those doing serial stories this image might help you out a bit 🙂 Enjoy!
For visually challenged writers, the image shows an arrowslit looking out over a body of water, with an ancient stone wall and curved tower just visible.
The regulars already know this bit, but for those that don’t:
- Each Thursday at Noon BST I will post the #writephoto prompt
- Use the image and prompt as inspiration to create a post on your own blog… poetry, prose, humour… light or dark, whatever you choose, as long as it is fairly family-friendly.
- Please have your entries linked back to the original prompt post by the following Tuesday at Noon GMT.
- Link back to this post with a pingback (Hugh has an excellent tutorial here) and/or leave a link in the comments below, to be included in the round-up.
- Please click their links to visit the blogs of other contributors and take time to read and comment on their work.
- Use the #writephoto hashtag in your title so your posts can be found.
- There is no word limit and no style requirements, except that your post must take inspiration from the image and/or the prompt word given in the title of this post.
- Feel free to use #writephoto logo or include the prompt photo in your post if you wish, or you may replace it with one of your own to illustrate your work.
- By participating in the #writephoto challenge, please be aware that your post may be featured as a reblog on this blog and I will link to your post for the round-up each week.
If you need some more inspiration or fancy a bit of light reading, check out last weeks round-up.
I can’t wait to read your creations.
29 thoughts on “#WRITEPHOTO – Arrowslit”
Excellent K.L. thank you 💜💚😁😁
Haha! does Morgs approve of this one? KL ❤
Yes indeed she does 💜
excellent! ❤ ❤
Thank you. 🙂 KL ❤
Yes indeed all three do 💜💜
a rondel from me, KL 🙂
Hi, thanks for the prompt
Morgs and co show a little tenderness 💜💜
Hi! I really like that picture, here’s my take on it 🙂 https://sweeterthannothing.wordpress.com/2023/01/20/arrow-slip-time-slip-flash-fiction/
Hi KL, here’s mine
Thank you KL for hosting. Here’s mine :-
Thank you all for stopping by and reading.