He wandered the ruins in an endless, restless state.
He knew every nook, every crannie, and every stone.
Especially the stone from which he had fallen.
The moat looked beautiful today, peaceful even.
He’d followed the guides as they’d walked across the bridge, and heard their whispers, today they were going to do scans of the moat.
They were excited.
The team approached the castle. In search of weapons, jewels and answers to ancient questions.
He wondered if today was the day he’d be free to leave this castle.
The day, they finally found his body in the water.
This beautiful castle is Caerlaverock in Scotland, I’ve been lucky enough to visit it three times now and each time it amazes me. Caerlaverock is a triangular shaped castle and is unique among British castles.
The eagle-eyed amongst you spotted this is the second time I have featured an approach to a castle with the previous one, Raby Castle, shown below. I love both, equally ancient, mystical and mysterious in their own ways. Which do you prefer?
I’ve had so many wonderful responses and enjoyed each and every one. This week’s list is below (if I have missed anyone, please let me know). It makes for fantastic reading.
- Storm the Castle – A Unique Title For Me
- history-repeats-itself/ pensitivity101
- writephote_-a-serious-castle/ – tubasarwat
- KLCaley’s #writrphoto Approach. | willowdot21
- #WRITEPHOTO for #JusJoJan – Let’s Write……
- Heading to the castle with awe – Ladyleemanila
- approach-to-the-tower-writephoto-flash-fiction/ – Jemima Pett
- Serial Chisseller #writephoto | TanGental
- Arrival (Writephoto) – Jezzie G
- writephoto-approach – rebecca-douglass
- Approaching the future. A #senryu series
- Abandoned – Kitty’s Verses
I hope you’ll join me for another #writephoto challenge, the latest is published here:
Thank you all again for taking part in #writephoto – Approach