Sometimes there is treasure
Sometimes there is sand
It always brings me pleasure
Stepping off of land
Diving ever deeper
Below those ocean waves
The escape getting steeper
Feeling very brave
Watching all the fish
Darting to and fro
Looking for that swish
Of their tails as they go
I worship them as I gaze
To the sea we have a duty
To protect what lies below the waves
There’s nothing wrong with enjoying looking at the surface of the ocean itself, except that when you finally see what goes on underwater, you realize that you’ve been missing the whole point of the ocean.― Dave Barry
I tried diving a few years ago and absolutely loved it. It’s always something I wanted to go back to do again when time allowed. I am also very lucky to have once snorkelled in the Bahamas. It truly was amazing to see the coral reef, it was teeming with fish that were so friendly and inquisitive. We also saw a beautiful sea turtle. It was mesmerising.
What brilliant subsea responses this week. I have tried to reblog a few since the post went out so hopefully, you will have seen some of them trickling through, but here is the list below (if I have missed anyone, please let me know). Hope you all enjoyed this fishy adventure.
- The watery cage – My Random Ramblings
- #Writephoto – Subsea – nope, not pam
- The Submerged Antique Vase | Flash Fiction #writephoto ~ Jemima Pett
- WritePhoto # Subsea – Keep it alive
- Fishy Business #writephoto | TanGental
- #writephoto – Subsea – Emine Beasley
- subsea/ – pensitivity101
- K.L.Caley’s#writephoto : Subsea. | willowdot21
- #WRITEPHOTO – SUBSEA – Ladyleemanila
- Subsea #writephoto | Trent’s World (the Blog)
- Blue Water – Masons Mind Menagerie
- #Writephoto – For My Beautiful Hoplos – About the Jez of It
I hope you’ll join me for another #writephoto challenge published today at 12 o’clock GMT.
Thank you all again for taking part in #writephoto – Subsea
With special thanks to Sue who originally made the #writephoto challenge so meaningful for all of us and gave me her blessing to continue it.