Welcome to the weekly #writephoto prompt!
Wahey! We’ve made it to June, things are opening up (here in the UK) and finally, we may actually get to visit some of our favourite places again. One of my favourite places to visit is the beach, even in winter it’s still so beautiful and brings me such a sense of calm. Actually, I think I prefer it in winter when there are less people (although I probably shouldn’t say that after spending most of a year in isolation – haha).
So, what does the beach mean to you, your characters or your childhood memories?
For visually challenged writers, the image shows 2 large pairs of wellies and a child pair of wellies on a sandy beach.
The regulars already know this bit, but for those that don’t:
- Each Thursday at Noon GMT I will post the #writephoto prompt
- Use the image and prompt as inspiration to create a post on your own blog… poetry, prose, humour… light or dark, whatever you choose, as long as it is fairly family-friendly.
- Please have your entries linked back to the original prompt post by the following Tuesday at Noon GMT.
- Link back to this post with a pingback (Hugh has an excellent tutorial here) and/or leave a link in the comments below, to be included in the round-up.
- Please click their links to visit the blogs of other contributors and take time to read and comment on their work.
- Use the #writephoto hashtag in your title so your posts can be found.
- There is no word limit and no style requirements, except that your post must take inspiration from the image and/or the prompt word given in the title of this post.
- Feel free to use #writephoto logo or include the prompt photo in your post if you wish, or you may replace it with one of your own to illustrate your work.
- By participating in the #writephoto challenge, please be aware that your post may be featured as a reblog on this blog and I will link to your post for the round-up each week.
If you need some more inspiration or fancy a bit of light reading, click here for last weeks round-up.
I can’t wait to read your creations.