Welcome to the weekly #writephoto prompt!
Artistic white plaster
Featuring some gods
Have you noticed…
It features two dogs
This week’s could prove quite difficult, but it seemed too beautiful not to share…
For visually challenged writers, the image shows a white plaster ceiling with beautiful artistic carvings in the centre is a painting featuring angels and the odd animal.
March is always a bitter sweet month here at #writephoto towers. Tomorrow is the anniversary of the first #writephoto prompt and my thoughts are with dear Sue and all the fun she brought to this marvellous challenge. #Writephoto begin on March 3, 2016 by Sue Vincent, after hosting a wonderful little photo that inspired many to wonder what the story behind the image was. This evolved into a new photo being published every Thursday to which everyone added their own wonderful interpretations.
Almost 5 years to the day in March 2021, and after reading a few of Sue’s heartbreaking posts where she described her deteriorating health issues and ultimately informed us she would not be able to continue with the prompt, I reached out and offered to help with the prompt. Sue readily agreed and with her amazing support I took over the prompt. Thank you to all the marvellous readers and participants who help keep this fun challenge going. We welcome writers from all walks of life, in all creative forms, just as Sue always did. Whatever paths Sue now wanders, I like to think once a week, she checks in on the marvellous creations you all make and gives us all a little smile and nod of encouragement. I hope her and Ani enjoy this weeks #writephoto choice which included a little nod to her beloved dog and the fantastical tales she used to tell.
The regulars already know this bit, but for those that don’t:
- Each Thursday at Noon BST I will post the #writephoto prompt
- Use the image and prompt as inspiration to create a post on your own blog… poetry, prose, humour… light or dark, whatever you choose, as long as it is fairly family-friendly.
- Please have your entries linked back to the original prompt post by the following Tuesday at Noon GMT.
- Link back to this post with a pingback (Hugh has an excellent tutorial here) and/or leave a link in the comments below, to be included in the round-up.
- Please click their links to visit the blogs of other contributors and take time to read and comment on their work.
- Use the #writephoto hashtag in your title so your posts can be found.
- There is no word limit and no style requirements, except that your post must take inspiration from the image and/or the prompt word given in the title of this post.
- Feel free to use #writephoto logo or include the prompt photo in your post if you wish, or you may replace it with one of your own to illustrate your work.
- By participating in the #writephoto challenge, please be aware that your post may be featured as a reblog on this blog and I will link to your post for the round-up each week.
If you need some more inspiration or fancy a bit of light reading, check out last weeks round-up.
I can’t wait to read your creations.
33 thoughts on “#WRITEPHOTO – Ceiling”
Happy anniversary to #writephoto. Although I saw the beginning, I really didn’t participate for almost a year. It was always a great challenge and Sue was such an inspiration. Glad you are carrying the torch forward 🙂
Thank you so much, Trent. That is very kind. I am very honoured to do so. Sue was always very kind to me and I always found her wonderful prompts a great source of inspiration, even if I didn’t always participate. KL ❤
This is a wonderful prompt, Sue is definitely missed 🙂
Thank you so much, Carol Anne. She is, she was a true inspiration and a kind soul. KL ❤
Hard to believe Sue has been gone almost two years. Thanks for keeping up the challenge KL. It was always one of my favourites. Here’s my effort this week. I’ve rotated the picture though, so hope you don’t mind.
I know, I felt the same. Of course, you can all do anything it’s just there as inspiration ❤️
Here is my contribution
The Marvels of Ceiling Art: Gods and Dogs
Thank you ♥️
So thankful you took on the challenge ❤
Hi here is mine – https://poetisatinta.wordpress.com/2023/03/03/writephoto-6/
I’ve only just started joining in with this photo challenge but it’s really lovely to hear about the history of it and the lives that have influenced it ❤️.
Here’s my story this week; https://sweeterthannothing.wordpress.com/2023/03/03/write-photo-look-up/
Hi KL, I got a chance to write a quick story this week. Hey, two weeks in a row! Perhaps it is a trend. https://trentsworld.blog/2023/03/03/ceiling-writephoto/ I hope you enjoy 🙂
Another great prompt thank you K.L. here we go again 💜💜.
Happy Anniversary, KL 🙂 Remembering Sue ❤
I enjoyed writing this one, which is good as it’s been a sad week – hot on the heels of Sue’s anniversary, and another friend dies of cancer. I usually punctuate that with a rude word but you can supply it yourself if you like. We won’t forget them, anyway.
This one will be out Monday at 7 am as usual.
Thank you for the challenge. Here’s mine:-
Thank you all for stopping by and reading.