I stand on the precipice
My eyes gazing out
My future’s mapped out
Yet I have my doubts
To stand where it’s steady
Or to take that leap
Never quite knowing
What’s under one’s feet
For visually challenged writers, the image shows a high area of rock with a very steep side beside the coast. The cliff has a grassy top. The sea can be seen further out.
This lovely Cliff Edge was taken at the seaside town of Bridlington. I was amazed that you could get so close to the edge here, it’s actually steeper in places than the image perhaps looks. It was a beautiful day but the wind was blustery and you did feel it could lift you off at any moment.
What an astonishing week for entries, my little shot of a stroll by the sea seems to have inspired you all, and what marvellous creative pieces you have all made. Thank you all for your continued support. I have tried to reblog a few since the post went out so hopefully, you will have seen some of them trickling through, but here is the list below (if I have missed anyone, please let me know). It makes for fantastic reading.
- WritePhoto # Cliff edge – Keep it alive
- #WRITEPHOTO – Cliff Edge – Ladyleemanila
- Deadly Tide – Masons Mind Menagerie
- together-as-one – writerravenclaw
- #Writephoto-Contemplation – About the Jez of It
- #WRITEPHOTO – Cliff Edge | willowdot21
- writephoto-cliff-edge/ – pensitivity101
- Choices on verge – PRIYANCI JAIN
- Even still – Musing in the sun
- Cliff Hanging #writephoto #drama | TanGental
- A Fish – Tina Stewart Brakebill
- #WRITEPHOTO – Cliff Edge – Tessa Dean – Author
- Dreams and Memories – Peter’s pondering
- #writephoto / Weekend Writing Prompt — The Cliffs – This, That, and The Other
- #writephoto ~ Cliff Edge ~ #Poetry | anitadawesauthor.com
- Cliff Edge | Flash Fiction #writephoto ~ Jemima Pett
- #Writephoto – Cliff Edge – nope, not pam
- Know thy treasure. #poetry and prose. – tales told different
- Sandwiched – Kitty’s Verses
- Reena’s Xploration Challenge #194 polysyndeton
I hope you’ll join me for another #writephoto challenge published today at 12 o’clock GMT.
Thank you all again for taking part in #WRITEPHOTO – Cliff Edge
With special thanks to Sue who originally made the #writephoto challenge so meaningful for all of us and gave me her blessing to continue it.