Welcome to the weekly #writephoto prompt!
Defender of the fortress
At the enemy, it’s aimed
Protecting these ancient walls
In which the cannons framed
Time for some more battlements. What creations will you make featuring a cannon? Bonus points if you can tell me where we are this week – the monument just visible in the distance may give you a clue?…
For visually challenged writers, the image shows a black rainsplattered cannon looking out of a battlement. In the distance you can see a town and a monument on a hillside.
The regulars already know this bit, but for those that don’t:
- Each Thursday at Noon BST I will post the #writephoto prompt
- Use the image and prompt as inspiration to create a post on your own blog… poetry, prose, humour… light or dark, whatever you choose, as long as it is fairly family-friendly.
- Please have your entries linked back to the original prompt post by the following Tuesday at Noon GMT.
- Link back to this post with a pingback (Hugh has an excellent tutorial here) and/or leave a link in the comments below, to be included in the round-up.
- Please click their links to visit the blogs of other contributors and take time to read and comment on their work.
- Use the #writephoto hashtag in your title so your posts can be found.
- There is no word limit and no style requirements, except that your post must take inspiration from the image and/or the prompt word given in the title of this post.
- Feel free to use #writephoto logo or include the prompt photo in your post if you wish, or you may replace it with one of your own to illustrate your work.
- By participating in the #writephoto challenge, please be aware that your post may be featured as a reblog on this blog and I will link to your post for the round-up each week.
If you need some more inspiration or fancy a bit of light reading, check out last weeks round-up.
I can’t wait to read your creations.
14 thoughts on “#WRITEPHOTO – Cannon”
I do not join often enough, but I had to today! Anyway, here is my little “story” (if you can call it that). https://trentsworld.blog/2023/02/23/cannon-writephoto/ Hope you enjoy!
I meant to say “I do not join often enough” – Thursdays are my super busy day.
This got my brain cells sparking thanks 🙂
Hi! I’ve completely failed in trying to work out where you are this week I’ll probably kick myself when you tell me 😀 Here’s my little story- https://sweeterthannothing.wordpress.com/2023/02/24/write-photo-battlements/
This sort of fell into my lap when I looked it up, so excuse the tongue in cheek.
I’d guess Edinburgh Castle and that’s the Stirling Monument (which is probably totally wrong)
Hi, KL! Here is my entry! 🙂
Here is my contribution in the form of a poem titled “The Watchful Guardian”
All ready to go off at 7 am tomorrow (MONDAY) morning (UK time)!
Hi Sorry I am late Morgarna missed the Anomaly 💜🤣
Thanks for hosting. Here’s mine :-
Thank you all for stopping by and reading.