It was early in the morning. The best time (in Eva’s opinion) to explore. As she reached the clearing in the trees, she wondered if she should have told someone her plan. It was insane. Better to rule it out herself, than to look mad. She stepped into the stony water and began to walk up the river. As she walked the trees came closer and closer together until very little light shone through. Just as she reached the point of darkness and was about to turn around, the hazy circle appeared before her. The fairy world portal beckoned.
For visually challenged writers, the image shows a shallow stony river meandering through some woodland.
Thank you to everyone for the incredible entries to this week’s prompt. I was away last weekend at my grandparent’s 60th wedding anniversary ♡♡ so I am a little behind but for happy reasons. I’ll catch up with everything with a giant cuppa ☕ this afternoon. I hope you enjoy the collection:
- woodland-waters/ – pensitivity101
- #WRITEPHOTO – Woodland – Tessa Dean – Author
- Seasons by the Stream – Jezzie G
- A Spa For All Seasons #writephoto | TanGental
- Woodland | #writephoto Flash Fiction – Jemima Pett
- The Mahjong Woodland Project :: N2W 221009 – Gary A Wilson Stories
- K.L.Caley’s#writephoto: Woodland. | willowdot21
- writephoto-woodland-crossing – rebecca-douglass
- Need a quiet spot – Keep it alive
- woodland/ – inkdrops
I hope you’ll join me for another #writephoto challenge published here: #writephoto – Cemetery.
Thank you all again for taking part in #writephoto – Woodland.