Welcome to the weekly #writephoto prompt!
Dazzling with Red
A danger perhaps?
What lies through this door?
Perhaps it’s a trap?
For visually challenged writers, the image shows a terraced house with a vivid red door. The sign beside the door states Castle Cottage.
The regulars already know this bit, but for those that don’t:
- Each Thursday at Noon GMT I will post the #writephoto prompt
- Use the image and prompt as inspiration to create a post on your own blog… poetry, prose, humour… light or dark, whatever you choose, as long as it is fairly family-friendly.
- Please have your entries linked back to the original prompt post by the following Tuesday at Noon GMT.
- Link back to this post with a pingback (Hugh has an excellent tutorial here) and/or leave a link in the comments below, to be included in the round-up.
- Please click their links to visit the blogs of other contributors and take time to read and comment on their work.
- Use the #writephoto hashtag in your title so your posts can be found.
- There is no word limit and no style requirements, except that your post must take inspiration from the image and/or the prompt word given in the title of this post.
- Feel free to use #writephoto logo or include the prompt photo in your post if you wish, or you may replace it with one of your own to illustrate your work.
- By participating in the #writephoto challenge, please be aware that your post may be featured as a reblog on this blog and I will link to your post for the round-up each week.
If you need some more inspiration or fancy a bit of light reading, check out last weeks round-up.
I can’t wait to read your creations.
15 thoughts on “#WRITEPHOTO – The Red Door”
interesting door, KL 🙂
here’s my take
I have one for you. It’ll take maybe 6-7 minutes, but I found quite a lot going on with this door.
Unusually for me, this one is now live. I’m not working tomorrow (Monday).
My thoughts on the prompt https://inkdrops.blog/2022/09/18/the-red-door/