Nestled in the hillside
Quiet as a Mouse
Home of the Carthusian monks
Visit this magnificent house.
For visually challenged writers, the image shows a beautiful old yellow stone priory with ivy growing up the sides.
This beautiful priory is Mount Grace Priory, England’s most important, best preserved and most accessible of the ten medieval Carthusian houses (charterhouses) in England.
You can visit the individual monk cells, these reflect the isolation of the monks who lived as hermits, each occupying his own cell and coming together in the chapel only for the nocturnal liturgical hours, Sundays and feast-days. They were a silent order, and their diet was strictly vegetarian.
A fascinating place.
Here is the list below (if I have missed anyone, please let me know). It makes for fantastic reading.
- getting-ones-priory-right/ – pensitivity101
- A Day at the Monastery – A Unique Title For Me
- K.L.CALEY’S#WRITEPHOTO – Bucket and Priory. | willowdot21
- #Writephoto – Execution – About the Jez of It
- priory/ – inkdrops
- inside-the-walls-n2w-220609/ – garyawilsonstories
- #WRITEPHOTO – Priory – Ladyleemanila
- The Priory | writephoto Flash Fiction – Jemima Pett
- St. Edmund’s Priory #WritePhoto-Priory – SaylingAway
- Scratch And Art Of Hotel Management #writephoto | TanGental
- exhale – nope, not pam
I hope you’ll join me for another #writephoto challenge, the latest prompt is Mushrooms.
Thank you all again for taking part in #writephoto – Priory
With special thanks to Sue who originally made the #writephoto challenge so meaningful for all of us and gave me her blessing to continue it.