Temple of water
A magical site
Hidden by nature
Away from the light
Stumble upon it
Bare your true soul
The well will listen
And let the magic flow
I couldn’t decide whether to tell you guys that this was a well or not, would you know it was that without the label? Unfortunately, I couldn’t decide what else to call it, pyramid didn’t quite sound right.
I love this little well, doesn’t it look like it belongs to some sacred ritual site. Well, (haha) it belongs to Mount Grace Priory in Yorkshire so perhaps there was a ritual or two related to it. It’s a stunning place, and one of our favourite days out. Highly recommended if you are ever in the area.
I’ve had so many wonderful responses and enjoyed each and every one. I have tried to reblog a few since the post went out so hopefully, you will have seen some of them trickling through, but here is the list below (if I have missed anyone, please let me know). It makes for fantastic reading.
- the-well/ – pensitivity101
- From The Minds Of Children :: N2W 220526 – Gary A Wilson Stories
- K.C. Caley’s #writephoto. Well. | willowdot21
- #Writephoto – Back Home – About the Jez of It
- Being Spritely #writephoto | TanGental
- Well (well, well) | #writephoto Flash Fiction – Jemima Pett
- Well of kindness – Keep it alive
- #Writephoto – The Good Daughter – This is Another Story
- The Chamber – Gypsie’s Wonderful World of Words
- neelwrites/flash/fiction/shortstory/30/05/2022 – neelwritesblog
- Inanimate whispers. Final part2 of 2. #shortstories #poetry – tales told different
- Wordless Wednesday – nope, not pam
- Write Photo- Can I Wish Upon the Well – Page ‘n Pen
I hope you’ll join me for another #writephoto challenge, I’m a little late in publishing this week’s round-up so the new challenge is already live: #writephoto – Bucket
Thank you all again for taking part in #writephoto – Well.