Swirling here, swirling there,
Floating gently through the air,
Drifting, dipping, swooping glide,
Kites a-dancing, in the skies.
I took the dog and the toddler for an early morning walk one-day last spring and even though the sun had not quite broken its way through the hazy clouds, a family were up on the hill flying their kites. Their laughter drifted down to me as I walked the path below. A beautiful moment.
I’ve had so many wonderful responses. I have tried to reblog a few since the post went out so hopefully, you will have seen some of them trickling through, but here is the list below (if I have missed anyone, please let me know). It makes for fantastic reading.
- Careless Kites | POETRY…IF NOTHING ELSE
- Tangent – nope, not pam
- neelwrites-flash-fiction-writephoto-shortstory-18-04-2022/ neelwritesblog
- Let’s Go And Fly Some Kites #writephoto | TanGental
- A Case of Kite on Kite :: N2W 220416 Gary A Wilson Stories
- Adrift – Keep it alive
- H is for Healing ~ #writephoto – The Ramblings of E.M. Kingston
- K.L.Caley’s #WRITEPHOTO – Kites | willowdot21
- #WRITEPHOTO – Kites Ladyleemanila
- the-ten-pence-kite/ pensitivity101
- The World as a Kite #writephoto | Trent’s World (the Blog)
- #WRITEPHOTO – Kites – Stine Writing
- Flying High – Gypsie’s Writings, Musings, Quotes & Poetry
I hope you’ll join me for another #writephoto challenge published today at 12 o’clock GMT.
Thank you all again for taking part in #writephoto – Kites