Welcome to the weekly #writephoto prompt!
Held above a royal head.
What is the story of this sparkly treasure?
I can’t wait to find out.
For visually challenged writers, the image shows a golden crown adorned with jewels and pearls. Behind this are windows with views across the countryside.
The #Writephoto Anniversary
1 Year ago Sue who originally hosted the #writephoto challenge, gave me her blessing to continue it. Sue was such a support to me when I first started blogging. Despite the ups and downs of life, it was always a joy to see the #writephoto prompt drop in my inbox each week and challenge me to forget about what was happening in the world and take a little time for myself to try something creative.
I couldn’t continue this prompt without you, the lovely contributors so thank you all for continuing to support the prompt.
- Each Thursday at Noon GMT I will post the #writephoto prompt
- Use the image and prompt as inspiration to create a post on your own blog… poetry, prose, humour… light or dark, whatever you choose, as long as it is fairly family-friendly.
- Please have your entries linked back to the original prompt post by the following Tuesday at Noon GMT.
- Link back to this post with a pingback (Hugh has an excellent tutorial here) and/or leave a link in the comments below, to be included in the round-up.
- Please click their links to visit the blogs of other contributors and take time to read and comment on their work.
- Use the #writephoto hashtag in your title so your posts can be found.
- There is no word limit and no style requirements, except that your post must take inspiration from the image and/or the prompt word given in the title of this post.
- Feel free to use #writephoto logo or include the prompt photo in your post if you wish, or you may replace it with one of your own to illustrate your work.
- By participating in the #writephoto challenge, please be aware that your post may be featured as a reblog on this blog and I will link to your post for the round-up each week.
If you need some more inspiration or fancy a bit of light reading, check out last weeks round-up.
I can’t wait to read your creations.
25 thoughts on “#WRITEPHOTO Anniversary Edition – Crown”
Is it a year already? Well, I can’t say it often enough. Thank you for continuing this splendid tradition.
Congrats on the anniversary. I’m so glad you do this for us.
About that crown, I found an almost-hidden message in it to share.
Hope you like it.
Happy first Anniversary To K.L. Caley’s #writephoto. Thank you so much for taking up the prompt from our Sue. 💜💜💜💜
Here’s my entry.
It’s gone so fast KL. So glad you’ve continued it.
Here’s my response this week
Happy 1 Year, KL ❤ I am so glad that you share this prompt with all of us 🙂
Hi KL! An idea came up so I am joining again this week: https://trentsworld.blog/2022/03/11/the-crown-writephoto/ Hope you have a great weekend!
Forgot to mention – wow, one year! I really miss Sue, as I’m sure everyone who knew her, even if just from the blogs does, but I’m glad you could continue the writephoto challenge 🙂
Happy 1st anniversary, KL 🙂
Already a year! Congrats KL. Here’s my submission https://neelwritesblog.wordpress.com/2022/03/13/neelwrites-flash-shortstory-writephoto-13-03-2022/
Hey Caley, congrats. I put something for you in this.
Happy first anniversary and thank you for continuing the prompt from our beloved Sue. ❤️
‘Deja View to a Crown’
Claire is in a city she’s never been to before and yet she has. She knows precisely where she is. Visions of the past lead her on a treasure quest!
Comments are closed.