Hand in hand,
Side by side,
The roaming tide
The air is cold,
The walk is brisk,
A peck on the cheek
Is worth the risk
Birds fly high
Over the shore
They take their leave
Hoping to do this some more.
A few of you felt like you recognised this spot so I am very intrigued to know if you got it right. This is the view of the beach from Bamburgh Castle. In the distance is Lindisfarne, Holy Island. Taken on a very cold winter’s day, I was pleasantly surprised by how many walkers the beach had still attracted.
I’ve had so many wonderful responses and enjoyed each and every one. I have tried to reblog a few since the post went out so hopefully, you will have seen some of them trickling through, but here is the list below (if I have missed anyone, please let me know). It makes for fantastic reading.
- garyawilsonstories – from-a-lost-sandcastle-n2w-220203/
- #WRITEPHOTO – Walkers – Stine Writing
- Empty Beach – Gypsie’s Writings, Musings, Quotes & Gripes
- #WritePrompt – Remembering My Beloved Aunt – ❀ Welcome To LSS Attitude of Gratitude❀
- One Day #writephoto #megatsunami | TanGental
- A walk on the sands – The Inkwell
- #Writephoto – Walkers – nope, not pam
I am very excited to announce Marsha from Always Write is featuring a short piece of my writing as part of her Story Chat series. It’s a short story with a magical twist. Please do pop over and share your opinion if you have time.
I hope you’ll join me for another #writephoto challenge published today at 12 o’clock GMT.
Thank you all again for taking part in #writephoto – Walkers.
With special thanks to Sue who originally made the #writephoto challenge so meaningful for all of us and gave me her blessing to continue it.