Rising from the fog
Larger than life
This dominating fortress
Emerges into the light.
I love this photo, particularly the range of colours. No filters needed.
For visually challenged writers, the image shows a foggy day with the sun just emerging through the clouds. Emerging from the fog is a large castle.
The Castle emerging from the fog is Raby Castle in Staindrop, County Durham. The Castle is a fascinating place and I have been lucky to visit it a few times. Interestingly, the estate was originally owned by the Viking King Cnut in the early 11th Century! The existing castle was built later, of course. It has also been the centre of plots and rebellions.
This particular photo was taken at an early morning event the castle had arranged.
I’ve had so many wonderful responses and enjoyed each and every one. I have tried to reblog a few since the post went out so hopefully, you will have seen some of them trickling through, but here is the list below (if I have missed anyone, please let me know). It makes for fantastic reading.
- tread-softly/ pensitivity101
- #writephoto – Approach – When My Car Broke Down – Morpethroad
- A walk – Often Mumbled Musings
- Stump And The Miasmic Earl #writephoto | TanGental
- Approach – The Inkwell
- Positive source #haiku – Literature World
- An unwritten poem – Kitty’s Verses
- Approach | #writephoto Flash Fiction – Jemima Pett
- #Writephoto – Approach – nope, not pam
- Writephoto ~ Approach ~ #Poetry | anitadawesauthor.com
- Lost Soul. Abhanga, Villanelle, Shadorma. – tales told different
I hope you’ll join me for another #writephoto challenge published today at 12 o’clock GMT.
Thank you all again for taking part in #WRITEPHOTO – Approach
With special thanks to Sue who originally made the #writephoto challenge so meaningful for all of us and gave me her blessing to continue it.