A change of place
A change of pace
A lovely walk
in an open space
A bit of time
A chance to unwind
Forget these troubles
That are on my mind
For visually challenged writers, the image shows a beautifully lit retreat with large windows overlooking a little pond and a decking area. Twinkling lights surround the pond.
This little place is actually a swimming pool within a holiday complex in Scotland. I was lucky to stay a couple of nights there (at the complex, not the swimming pool) in January 2 years ago with some family. There was a group of us all staying together with 3 babies under 2. As I am sure you can manage it was a bit chaotic but so much fun and a lovely way to brighten up what would have been a very dull January.
No way to know that just 2 months later we would be in Lockdown.
I guess it’s a reminder to enjoy the moments whilst you can as you just never know what is around the corner.
Happy New Year one and all.
Fantastic collection of entries, here is the full list below (if I have missed anyone, please let me know). It makes for fantastic reading.
- Retreat – The Inkwell
- Relocation – Mister Bump
- the-retreat/ pensitivity101
- #WRITEPHOTO – THE RETREAT – Stine Writing
- #WRITEPHOTO – THE RETREAT | willowdot21
- Sanctity of Retreat | The Ramblings of E.M. Kingston
- #WRITEPHOTO – THE RETREAT – Ladyleemanila
- #writephoto – The Retreat – Meditation By The Pond
- Morphmas #writephoto | TanGental
- Tranquil promises – Kitty’s Verses
- the-retreat-writephoto-flash-fiction/ jemimapett
- What waits in store #poetry – tales told different
- #Writephoto – The Retreat – nope, not pam
I hope you’ll join me for another #writephoto challenge published today at 12 o’clock GMT.
Thank you all again for taking part in #writephoto – The Retreat
With special thanks to Sue who originally made the #writephoto challenge so meaningful for all of us and gave me her blessing to continue it.