Welcome to the weekly #writephoto prompt!
Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.― Josh Billings
It’s that time of year when people reach out to loved ones. Do you (or a character) still write and send traditional cards? Do you still get a thrill when you see something with a proper stamp on it coming through your letterbox (I know I do)? Time to get writing.
For visually challenged writers, the image shows a colourful collection of used stamps from various envelopes and postages.
The regulars already know this bit, but for those that don’t:
- Each Thursday at Noon GMT I will post the #writephoto prompt
- Use the image and prompt as inspiration to create a post on your own blog… poetry, prose, humour… light or dark, whatever you choose, as long as it is fairly family-friendly.
- Please have your entries linked back to the original prompt post by the following Tuesday at Noon GMT.
- Link back to this post with a pingback (Hugh has an excellent tutorial here) and/or leave a link in the comments below, to be included in the round-up.
- Please click their links to visit the blogs of other contributors and take time to read and comment on their work.
- Use the #writephoto hashtag in your title so your posts can be found.
- There is no word limit and no style requirements, except that your post must take inspiration from the image and/or the prompt word given in the title of this post.
- Feel free to use #writephoto logo or include the prompt photo in your post if you wish, or you may replace it with one of your own to illustrate your work.
- By participating in the #writephoto challenge, please be aware that your post may be featured as a reblog on this blog and I will link to your post for the round-up each week.
If you need some more inspiration or fancy a bit of light reading, check out last weeks round-up.
I can’t wait to read your creations.
24 thoughts on “#WRITEPHOTO – STAMPS”
Letters to a Crime
When Phil’s love letter and calls go unanswered, he goes to find Jessica and finds a whole heap of trouble.
Hi KL! It has been a while, but I decided to try my hand with this photo : You can see my post here: https://trentsworld.blog/2021/11/25/stamps-writephoto/ I hope you enjoy!
Brilliant to have you join back in Trent and what a marvellous entry. Very enjoyable read. KL ❤
It’s nice to be back 🙂 Thursdays are usually such tough days, but I should try more often…
Here’s mine KL
What now, the three Ms are plotting now!
Yep, mine’s up ready for Monday morning now (7 am UK time). 🙂
Here’s my contribution,
Happy First Sunday Advent, KL 🙂
Comments are closed.