“Good Morning,” said the voice, deep and low.
Strange, I thought and slowed my jog to a walk. I looked around, no-one was on the path in front or behind me.
“Sorry if I startled you!”
I looked up and emerging from the wall was a stone man, his skin tinted with green.
“I’ve been watching you go by every day and just wanted to say hello”.
What in the name of…
“Morning Carol”, a bright springy voice came from behind me and caused me to jump.
“Morning Suzie, did you hear that voice?”
“What voice?” Suzie slowed her pace to stand beside me and I looked up at the man. After a few seconds of silence, I began to feel self-conscious.
“Sorry Carol, I’ve got to get going.” Suzie began to jog away.
I looked around for a few more moments and then set off too.
“See you tomorrow Carol”, the deep voice called from behind me.
I just love this photo, how intriguing and I have never seen anything like it. It was taken by Geoff Le Pard on a walk around North London. A special thank you to Geoff who writes over at TanGental for agreeing to be this month’s #guestphoto. See what he has to say about the Not So Little Green Man
Woe to the earth, and to the sea, because the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, knowing that he hath but a short time.”[Apocalypse (Revelation) 12:12]
Thank you to Myrna Migala for supplying the interesting quote above that she thought fit the image. I’ve never had a quote entry before, it’s certainly an intriguing one.
Apologies, I have not responded to many posts this week. We had a little family holiday over on the North West Coast. My tired old phone which normally does so well decided to play havoc with my internet signal and dropped out regularly. The good news is I can read through them all in one tasty chunk today on my lunch break and I can’t wait.
- writephoto-emerging/ pensitivity101
- Hush-Hush – About the Jez of It
- Emerging – Stine Writing
- #WRITEPHOTO – EMERGING. willowdot21
- Three Things Challenge #737 and #WRITEPHOTO – Emerging – Tessa Dean – Author
- Not So Little Green Man #writephoto | TanGental
- EMERGING – Keep it alive
- Emerging – This, That, and The Other
- emerging-writephoto-flash-fiction/ jemimapett.com
- emerging – Lorraine’s frilly freudian slip
- writephoto-emerging ninjalibrarian
- #Writephoto – Emerging – nope, not pam
- Paths of a dreamer #poetry and prose. – tales told different
- Green exploration and peace! #Tanka#Haiku#Rhyme – Literature World
I hope you’ll join me for another #writephoto challenge published today at 12 o’clock GMT.
Thank you all again for taking part in #WRITEPHOTO – EMERGING
With special thanks to Sue who originally made the #writephoto challenge so meaningful for all of us and gave me her blessing to continue it.