Isa watched from the window.
“Gladis, it’s happening again.” She called over to her friend.
“Yea, yea. You always say that and by the time I get out of this chair and to the window no one’s there.” Gladis turned the page of her book but remained where she sat.
“Please Gladis, someone else’s got to see it to. I don’t know if I’m going mad or if it’s these damn pills they give us but I don’t trust telling anyone else. Your my best friend will you please come look?”
Gladis groaned, then with all the strength she could muster pulled herself from the chair and onto the walking frame. “For what it’s worth I do think you’re mad.” She chuckled then slowly began to make her way across the room.
Am I mad? thought Isa. She’d adored the views of this car home looking out across the park. Hearing the children’s laughter and being able to watch people go about their normal lives. That was until night fell. As twilight began, movement and music filled the bandstand. Small lights, twinkled in the darkness. Ghosts, faeries? She couldn’t tell but normal it was not.
I love this little bandstand, it’s so beautiful and very rarely used. I used to take my LO in there to play tag when it was raining. As in the story, the building in the background is an elderly care home, I quite like that idea, having a nice view of families playing in the park.
I’ve had so many wonderful responses and enjoyed each and every one. I have tried to reblog a few since the post went out so hopefully, you will have seen some of them trickling through, but here is the list below (if I have missed anyone, please let me know). It makes for fantastic reading.
- Cassidy’s Song – Masons Mind Menagerie
- WritePhoto # Bandstand – Keep it alive
- #WRITEPHOTO – BANDSTAND – Ladyleemanila
- writephoto-bandstand/ pensitivity101
- #writephoto — And the Band Played On – This, That, and The Other
- #writephoto — Bandstand – Stine Writing
- /bandstand/- inkdrops
- the-band-rotunda/ – fleursfabulousfables.
- Toilet Terrorism #writephoto | TanGental
- Three Things Challenge #711 and #WRITEPHOTO –BANDSTAND and Weekend Writing Prompt #225 – Newspaper (corrected the photo mistake)
- Bosom’s Bounty #writephoto | TanGental
- Bandstand | Flash Fiction #writephoto ~ Jemima Pett
- #Writephoto – Bandstand – nope, not pam
- #writephoto: band stand – Lorraine’s frilly freudian slip
- Hopes and fears. A haunted #shadorma tale – tales told differen
I hope you’ll join me for another #writephoto challenge published today at 12 o’clock GMT.
Thank you all again for taking part in #WRITEPHOTO – BANDSTAND
With special thanks to Sue who originally made the #writephoto challenge so meaningful for all of us and gave me her blessing to continue it.
9 thoughts on “#Writephoto Round-Up – BANDSTAND”
Thanks for the mention KL.
You’re most welcome. Thank you for a great entry. KL ❤
It’s my pleasure
Enjoyed all of those, KL! A good week 🙂
Fabulous entries, from romances, to memories, to creepy horrors. A lovely collection. Thanks again for contributing your lovely tale Jemima. KL ❤
O m y choices, so many variations on aovely theme. Sorry I did not get mine publish, I will try and incorporated a double this week 💜
Here’s my very late story💜
Fairy lights. Fire flies.Whimsy. I don’t think Isa is mad; she is seeing faint ghosts of her childhood.
Comments are closed.