Welcome to the weekly #writephoto prompt!
This week’s prompt is a post with a difference – our August guest photo!
For visually challenged writers, the image shows a puddle with leaves and trees reflected in the surface.
A great big thank you to Rebecca for agreeing to be the featured photo this month. What a beautiful photo for us. Pop over to her blog at www.ninjalibrarian.com to show her some love!
The regulars already know this bit, but for those that don’t:
- Each Thursday at Noon GMT I will post the #writephoto prompt
- Use the image and prompt as inspiration to create a post on your own blog… poetry, prose, humour… light or dark, whatever you choose, as long as it is fairly family-friendly.
- Please have your entries linked back to the original prompt post by the following Tuesday at Noon GMT.
- Link back to this post with a pingback (Hugh has an excellent tutorial here) and/or leave a link in the comments below, to be included in the round-up.
- Please click their links to visit the blogs of other contributors and take time to read and comment on their work.
- Use the #writephoto hashtag in your title so your posts can be found.
- There is no word limit and no style requirements, except that your post must take inspiration from the image and/or the prompt word given in the title of this post.
- Feel free to use #writephoto logo or include the prompt photo in your post if you wish, or you may replace it with one of your own to illustrate your work.
- By participating in the #writephoto challenge, please be aware that your post may be featured as a reblog on this blog and I will link to your post for the round-up each week.
Got a photo that screams out #writephoto prompt? Fancy being next month’s guest photographer? Send your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org
I can’t wait to read your creations.
39 thoughts on “#WRITEPHOTO – PORTAL”
Hi KL, here’s my effort;
Here’s mine KL
‘Between Winning and Losing’
You don’t win the silver, you lose gold. For Jonny, the realization comes close to killing him.
Hi KL! I’ve been super busy so it has been a few weeks since I’ve been able to join, but I did write a short something for this week’s challenge: https://trentsworld.blog/2021/08/26/portal-writephoto-2/ I hope you enjoy!
Love this photo.
Here’s my entry.
great photo 🙂
I had fun with this one. Thanks for sharing! https://phillipknightscott.com/2021/08/26/reflection-on-trees/
Here’s my contribution!
I reblogged a post as a “place holder” as I work on something less escheresque:
exchanged Escher for a pair of flowered rubber boots:
I’m back – and I’m back with this one tomorrow! Stars two old friends 🙂
Thanks for all the kind comments about the photo! I almost missed this–I’ve been out hiking and only got back late Friday. If not for Jemima’s post showing up in my inbox, I might have forgotten! Still– just under the wire.
I look forward to reading the other entries!
Loved this prompt, so thought provoking… https://anitadawesauthor.com/?p=86792
Hi KL and Rebecca,
Thanks for the challenge and the photo. Here’s my take :-
Thank you all for stopping by and reading.
Sorry I’m late Caley,
Comments are closed.