The light shone in, tempting her. The stairs were rocky and uneven. Should she go back, the way down wasn’t an easy one but at least she knew what she was expecting, she’d done it one way, it was the easier route to take. Yet, something called her, again and again towards the light. What lay beyond? She wanted to know.
“Mum”, a voice called her from below and in that second her decision was made. She would go back, for now. The beckoning light would wait for another day.
For visually challenged writers, the image shows a stone stairwell with an opening obscured by a bright light.
This image was taken at Richmond Castle in Yorkshire. It’s a beautiful castle with a lot to see and read about. It’s also a beautiful town with a proper bookshop, plenty of charity shops and some great cafe’s filled with yummy things. I love to visit.
I’ve had so many wonderful responses and enjoyed each and every one. I have tried to reblog a few since the post went out so hopefully, you will have seen some of them trickling through, but here is the list below (if I have missed anyone, please let me know). It makes for fantastic reading.
- #WRITEPHOTO – THE STAIRWAY – Ladyleemanila
- the-stairway – pensitivity101
- Sinister Spirals – Masons Mind Menagerie
- #WRITEPHOTO – THE STAIRWAY. | willowdot21
- #Writephoto – Find the Way – About the Jez of It
- #writephoto — The Castle Steps – This, That, and The Other
- Stairwell – The Inkwell
- #WRITEPHOTO – Stairway to Heaven – Tayyaba the Blogger
- WritePhoto # Stairway – Keep it alive
- A Room With A View #writephoto #humour | TanGental
- rough-steps-flash-fiction-writephoto – jemimapett
- Celeste Post-Apocalyptia~ pt 9 – What if We all Cared?
- #Writephoto ~ The Stairway ~ #Poetry | Anita Dawes & Jaye Marie
I hope you’ll join me for another #writephoto challenge published today at 12 o’clock GMT.
Thank you all again for taking part in #writephoto – The Stairway