In response to The Daily Post’s writing prompt: “I’d Like to Thank My Cats.”
I’d like to thank my…dogs.
For all they do for me. They:
- Take me walks and keep me fit
- Help make sure that I don’t put on too much weight by encouraging me to share my treats with them (cocktail sausages from the fridge is a recent favourite).
- Argue back when they think I am wrong (I regularly get a sullen grown when telling them to lie down)
- Nudge me and cuddle me when I’m sad
- Know how to make me smile
- Make sure I keep track of the time (usually around dinner time)
- Yell at the postman for putting bills through the letter box
- Dance around to say hello
- Offer a helping hand with the hovering and lawn-mowering (not always appreciated)
- Gaze at me adoringly – particularly if they think this will gain them tummy rubs or food
- Snuggle me endlessly
Who wouldn’t want a best friend (or 2) that does all of the above for free every day?